News & Events
Save the Date for 2022 AABC Annual Meeting
October 12-14, 2022
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Market your products and services to Test & Balance professionals!
The AABC Annual Meeting draws over 100 AABC members every year from around the country.
Sound and Vibration Measurement Seminar - August 2021
The seminar and exam will be held at NEBB TEC, in Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Sound and vibration measurement is a valuable service for building owners who strive to maintain quality environment and minimize maintenance costs.
- Sound and vibration measurement has been shown to provide tangible cost savings.
- Sound measurement and analysis plays an important role in providing acceptable space usage for various commercial, manufacturing, and industrial activities.
- Vibration measurement and analysis is a proven predictive maintenance activity that helps minimize repair and downtime costs for rotating machinery.
NEBB's Sound and Vibration Seminar is designed to prepare professionals from all disciplines in the correct methods to properly perform consistent, repeatable readings to meet sound and/or vibration specifications for projects.
- Learn how to satisfy specification and customer requirements and know how to perform accurate repeatable sound and vibration measurements.
- Learn basic troubleshooting and diagnostic knowledge.
- Learn how to make simple recommendations and to guide appropriate parties towards possible remediation solutions.
Registration is now open!
AABC TAB Talk Webinar on Air Tightness Testing for Building Enclosures
Join ACG Member Nathan Culley, TBE, CxA, Penn Air Control, Inc. and Sam Myers, Retrotec as they discuss Air Tightness Testing for Building Enclosure. An airtight building envelope is one of the most important contributors to an efficient, comfortable, durable and healthy building. In addition to energy and indoor air quality benefits, water and moisture control is another one of the main reasons building codes and regulations have focused heavily on improving the quality of building enclosures. Calibrated fans and high-resolution manometers are used to measure air and water leakage through building enclosures via whole building tests, fenestration and facade tests, and mock-up tests. This presentation will cover the tools needed to perform these types of tests and show how these tests are conducted.
Who Should Attend?
- HVAC Testing Professionals
- Commissioning Providers
- MEP Engineers
- Energy Managers
- Building Owners
- Facility Managers
- O&M Managers
- Other Building Professionals
- Gain an understanding of why it matters to have a properly designed and installed building envelope.
- Learn about the processes needed to successfully conduct an air tightness test.
- Learn about the tools needed to conduct whole-building air tightness tests.
- See how problem areas can be located throughout the building envelope with blower doors and other tools.
- Approved for 1 AIA LU. Registration is FREE to AABC (including Industry Partners), ACG and EMA members. Only $39 to non-members.
Registration Open for Hybrid 2021 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference
This will be ASHRAE's first hybrid conference, where virtual attendees will have access to live sessions, participate in speaker Q&A as well as interact with both virtual and in-person conference attendees. The theme of the conference, "Design and Operation for Resilient and Healthy Buildings," focuses on the practices of energy modeling and building performance simulation using existing simulation tools, software development, and future simulation research and applications.
"The past year has brought forward new challenges for the design and operation of new and existing buildings, in particular challenges related to the health and well-being occupants," said John Bynum, conference chair. "This conference will provide an opportunity for building professionals across disciplines to share and learn about these topics and many others as we continue to work towards a better built environment."
Conference attendees will learn from more than 60 presentations by leading industry practitioners and academic researchers on topic such as machine learning, exascale computing, data visualization and zero-carbon initiatives along with advanced techniques, innovative workflows, and future trends in building performance modeling.
The conference will also feature the 7th annual ASHRAE LowDown Showdown modeling competion. Ten teams with members from across the globe have signed on to compete in this year's competition. Teams are comprised of building analysts, designers, architects, engineers, and other participants and will be responsible for creating the architectural design and a performance analysis model based on model building data. The teams may use any software or a combination of software to complete their projects. The 2021 competition will ask teams to expand their comfort zone and take on the challenges of a tropical climate with particular challenges for resiliency and "near net zero" design.
Early bird registration cost to attend the conference in-person is $675 for ASHRAE members ($725 for non-members) through August 29. Virtual registration cost is $225. For additional pricing and details on the 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference and the LowDown Showdown, please visit ashrae.org/BuildPerform2021 and ashrae.org/2021lowdownshowdown.
ACG Announces 2021 "Essential Cx" Webinar Series
The AABC Commissioning Group (ACG) announced that it will launch a multi-installment webinar series that focuses on various venues and applications of the commissioning process. The presenters will include ACG member-companies, certified personnel, and affiliated associations. It will debut on July 8, 2021, running through December.
"ACG's is proud to serve the building community with convenient and top-notch online training. We have an extraordinary network of commissioning professionals who are involved in groundbreaking projects, industry standards, and technology. This is their opportunity to share their findings with the broader industry." said ACG President Troy Byers, P.E., TBE, CxA (Commissioning Consultants, LLP).
"The ACG Essential Cx Series will take you behind the scenes to the commissioning of everything from mission critical facilities to institutional settings. It features topics ranging from technology engineering commissioning (TECx), to building envelope commissioning, to fire & life safety systems commissioning. I highly recommend it for commissioning providers and anyone associated with building performance" added Byers.
Event: ACG Essential Cx Webinar Series
Presenting Organization: AABC Commissioning Group (ACG)
When: Begins July 8, 2021, running through December 2021
Registration Link: https://www.commissioning.org/register-for-acg-essential-cx-live-series/
Continuing Education Credits: Earn up to 6 AIA 1 LUs
Cost: Free for ACG, AABC, and EMA members. $150 for Non-Members.